I attended Riverfest last night so I could support Eclipse Glasses & see the B-52s!




E.G. played in the "Arkansas Music Tent", which staged local acts only. I really enjoyed watching them here, it was set up in a way that encouraged intimacy. Too, they allowed me to wander in about every nook and cranny to take photos and just loiter without giving me a hard time. Many thanks to the guys for letting me take advantage of the free drinks & snacks! I didn't have to spend one Riverbuck last night.
Collin's dad said last night Eclipse Glasses are getting better and tighter with every passing show & I could only agree. And we're not just being a "band dad" or a "band girlfriend", just factual.
Here are the fellas w/ a DJ from Power 92 Jams:




B-52's:

Kate & Cindy's voices sounded so so good. I was blown away at how well they sound live.

Kate & Cindy's voices sounded so so good. I was blown away at how well they sound live.

Dancing!

Fred Schneider did not fail to be his over-the-top self. There used to be a show that Jon Stewart hosted called You Wrote It, You Watch It and there was a skit where a viewer had a dream that Fred Schneider followed him everywhere. It was awesome! It was about the funniest thing ever and ever since I saw that, I've had a bizarre fascination with Fred. I don't know a thing about him, but I don't think I would mind if he followed me everywhere. Eh, anyway, he is great onstage. And I didn't mind that he took a dig at Bill O'Reilly either. Heh.

Fred Schneider did not fail to be his over-the-top self. There used to be a show that Jon Stewart hosted called You Wrote It, You Watch It and there was a skit where a viewer had a dream that Fred Schneider followed him everywhere. It was awesome! It was about the funniest thing ever and ever since I saw that, I've had a bizarre fascination with Fred. I don't know a thing about him, but I don't think I would mind if he followed me everywhere. Eh, anyway, he is great onstage. And I didn't mind that he took a dig at Bill O'Reilly either. Heh.
A good show, but you could see them hating life on stage when they played "Roam" and "Love Shack". It was sloppy & lacklustre. I guess no hard feelings, ladies & gents. I did have a fantasy, though, where Iggy Pop dropped in from nowhere and performed "Candy" with Kate.
We walked home from the festivities, completely exhausted. Somehow, I managed to eke out some dinner. Zach came over w General Chang. We ate, watched some Kids In The Hall and crashed, sleepover style.
This morning, SOLO continued her front that she "hates" Chang, but we all know it's a lie.


Me & ATM got so much done today, including going back to Riverfest to get a corn dog, smoked turkey leg & funnel cake. And we still have a lot to do. I need to bake cupcakes for tomorrow's cookout at Victory St. I need to semi-straighten up around here because Mayumi will be staying with us Monday night. We're going to stop by Donna & Micah's house here shortly to enjoy a beverage and company and then we're supposed to go to see the American Prince's play their 120 minutes of 90s music at Rev Room (ugh). Collin called me a moment ago to tell me that Jonathan is in town. That's a whole lot of hangin' out!
Cavelady! I know, I know, you don't see no lady! (Photo by ATM):


Photo by ATM:


That's OUR funnel cake!


I miss KMHD, who is enjoying herself in NYC.
TO BE CONTINUED
No comments:
Post a Comment